Saturday, April 7, 2012

Installing LibreOffice 3.5 on openSUSE 12.1

openSUSE 12.1 does not have LibreOffice 3.5 in any compatible repos. Being a PM LibreOffice is an indispensable tool to me and this being a still MS Office dominated world, I find that LibreOffice 3.5 has a slightly better compatibility with MSO than 3.4x.

The long and short of it , if you want LibreOffice 3.5 you gotta download from http://libreoffice.org extract the tarballs and install the RPMs. It installed fine and should work but then I encountered:


error while loading shared libraries: libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I had another WTF moment until after sometime I found out from an unrelated topic that you need to do a

zypper in libpng12-0 libpng14-14

And all was fine.

No comments: